Here’s our reviews on best 3 RC Drag Cars,they are focused towards beginners and hobby enthusiasts. RC drag cars are like personal cars,not every one are same and every ones proud of their own cars!
Traxxas XO-1 AWD Supercar received so much attention when it was first introduced into the market. I mean look at it! its such a beauty!! sleek design coupled with crazy top speed for an RTR, who wouldn’t want to own one?!
When the goal is 100+mph, “off the shelf” is out of the question. Traxxas partnered with Castle Creations to develop the Mamba Monster Extreme power system specifically for the unique power requirements of the XO-1. The proven Mamba Monster Extreme System has been enhanced for higher output when used with 6S LiPo power.
From its integrated capacitor bank to the proprietary software created just for XO-1, the Mamba Monster Extreme speed control represents the state-of-the-art in big-volt power delivery. The custom Traxxas Big Block brushless motor invites “cubic inches” to the party for massive acceleration and true supercar performance with the largest brushless motor ever offered in a Ready-To-Race model.
Along with the performance comes the technology, Traxxas has introduced first ever fusion of connecting their radio system to their Traxxas Link app. This allows for fine tuning your ride while cranking out the throttle. It also provides a graphical dashboard with read out gages in your app to record and monitor your performance.
Over all a kick as RC machine. Here are some of the technical specs along with pro’s and con’s
- Length: 27 inches
- Width: 11.61 inches front and 11.81 inches rear
- ground clearence: 0.59 inches
- weight ~10lbs
- height: 5 inches
- tire: Belted Slick (4.29″ x 1.7″ front, 4.29″ x 2″ rear)
- wheels: 3.3″ Split-Spoke (black-chrome) with 17mm splined hex
- Bold ProGraphx Painted Bodies
- Castle Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control
- Traxxas Big Block Brushless Motor
- TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with Traxxas Link Wireless Module*
- Integrated speed, RPM, and voltage Telemetry System*
- Shock-Absorbing Cush Drive™
- Shaft-driven All Wheel Drive
- Machined 6061 Aluminum C-Hubs, Steering Knuckles, Axle Carriers, and Shock Towers
- Hard-anodized GTR Shocks
- Steel Splined (SS) dual-CV Driveshafts
- Required batteries and chargers: Two Traxxas Power Cell LiPo Batteries (LiPo, 3-Cell 5,000 mAh), 4 “AA” (transmitter), LiPo Battery Charger
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Race Replica brings it all to life the Traxxas way with outrageous horsepower, intense speed, and the unmatched realism and authenticity that only comes from being both fans and dedicated participants in NHRA drag racing.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car accurately captures the total racing experience with realistic staging action on the start line.
After your burnout, shake up your opponent by being the last one to roll into the stage beam. When the lights go green, release the Launch Control for a perfect reaction time.
Pro-Level Racing Simulation that offers laser precise dual-beam staging and speed trap that can race up to 330 feet (quarter-scale 1/4 mile).
Authentic starting line Christmas tree with pre-stage and staging lights,simple pushbutton operation,high-intensity LEDs,portable, with easy and fast setup, and ompatible with the Traxxas Link App to show elapsed time, reaction time, and trap speed.
You’ve already set your wheelie bar and used the multi – function knob on your transmitter to fine – tune the launch for maximum traction and acceleration. From there, it’s up to you to keep it full throttle down the track and across the finish line.
- Length: 27.24 inches
- Center Ground Clearance: 0.47 inches
- Weights: 4.4 lbs
- Height (over all): 8 inches
- Drive system: direct drive
- Transmission: Single-speed
- Speed control type: Traxxas ET-3s Electronic Speed Control
- 70+ MpH performance
- Traxxas ET – 3s brushless power system
- ET – 2400 brushless motor
- Exclusive burnout, staging, and race modes
- Launch control switch
RJ Speed 2103 NITRO kids includes the complete chassis, o-ring fronts and 1.5″ wide rear foam tires,adjustable aluminum engine mounts,fuel tank with rear mount,throttle servo mount.
Along with linkage and brake strap,32 pitch axle gear,stainless steel solid axle,nylon adjustable body mounts and lexan body with protective film,window masks, and wings when required.
- Length: 24″ (610mm)
- Width: 1.25″ (38mm) ahead of front wheels, narrowest point
4.3″ (109mm) ahead of rear wheels, widest point
- Height: 3.5″ (89mm)
- Chassis: Fiberglass, 0.06″ (1.5mm) thick
- Engine Mounts: Adjustable aluminum
- Axle Gear: 32 pitch
- Rear Axle: Solid, constructed of stainless steel
- Tires: O-ring front, Rear foam 1.5″ (38mm) wide with six spoke black
- Body: Clear lexan
- Fuel Tank: 1oz (29.6cc), with rear mount
- Required: Engine: .12 -.18 cu in (2.0 – 2.9cc) short shaft recommended
**RJ Speed #5145 Engine Mount Spacers Clutch Assembly: to match selected engine
Radio: 2-channel with two standard servos
Misc Items: Air filter, muffler, fuel tubing, tools and track equip.
If these are not your cup of tea,and would like to blaze your own path. Then there are options of building your own RC drag cars. Our friends at Thought Co. have written a really informative article check it out!